Explore the new Oilfield Glossary

Look up terms beginning with:

friction reducer

1. n. [Well Workover and Intervention]

An additive, generally in slurry or liquid form, used to reduce the friction forces experienced by tools and tubulars in the wellbore. Friction reducers are routinely used in horizontal and highly deviated wellbores where the friction forces limit the passage of tools along the wellbore.

Share This