Explore the new Oilfield Glossary

Look up terms beginning with:

marker joint

1. n. [Well Workover and Intervention]

A joint of tubing used in a workover or completion tubing string that serves as a position or depth indicator. In most cases, a marker joint is significantly shorter than other joints in the string so that it is easily noticeable on correlation logs or when retrieving a work string, such as on a snubbing or hydraulic workover unit.

Share This